Family Photo

Family Photo

The Bautista / Bridges

The Bautista / Bridges

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Break

I really needed a break, so my friend Carol had the bright idea of going to Palm Springs for the holiday weekend. Carol, her daughter Kohana and I drove up on Friday morning and got to Knott's Soak City Palm Springs for a hot, wet day! We had a blast at the waterpark and managed not to get burned, even in the 108 degree weather! The following day we relaxed by the pool at the hotel for about eight hours!  It was great because they even delivered lunch to us.  We went to downtown Palm Springs for dinner and ate at a lovely Mexican restaurant. It was really nice to be out in the sun because it helped lighten our moods, despite the heat.  On Sunday we went swimming really early in the morning, then checked out of the hotel and went to the outlets at Cabazon. Alas, I didn't get anything, but did lots of window shopping. It was sort of sad to get back to San Diego and see that it was overcast, but we had a great weekend and hope to do it again soon.

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss hearing about this trip? You never told me about it.

    ReplyDelete